CLIPPER COMMUNITY COMPLEX
As any family involved in Norwell athletics’ community knows the town’s fields are both inadequate and insufficient
to meet the ever increasing demands of both our youth and adult programs. Through Norwell’s Athletic Fields
Committee the solution, named the Clipper Community Complex, has been presented to the Community
Preservation Committee. The result of many meetings is Article 8 which is to be voted on at town meeting. This
Article provides for the important next step of releasing CPA funds to design and engineer the project. Your vote at
town meeting to approve this article is critical if the field situation in Norwell is ever to have a serious solution.
PLEASE VOTE YES ON ARTICLE 8 AT THE SPECIAL TOWN MEETING MONDAY MAY 6TH at 7.30pm
(Please be on time as this vote will be early in the meeting)
A Description of the Clipper Community Complex
- One new multi sport artificial turf surface replacing the existing “unusable” field at the High School Stadium.
- One new multi sport artificial turf surface replacing the overused “soccer” field at the High School.
- One new athletic track replacing the existing rapidly deteriorating track.
- The complex will provide for almost 1500 extra sporting events per year for our youth and adult groups.
- Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball and Football will all directly benefit.
- Existing fields can then be correctly repaired and rested.
- Reduce the amount of weather related cancellations.
- Attract statewide sporting events back to Norwell enhancing the town’s reputation and thus providing benefits for everyone.